[LINK] the Fairfax website trying to be too clever

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Mon Mar 8 09:55:21 AEDT 2010

On 08/03/2010, at 9:21 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> Is anyone else finding this interchange of webpages among the Fairfax
> group to be problematic?
>
> I wanted to read a feature story about Google Evil [love the logo,
> with the devil pitchfork on the Age homepage], but it points to:
> http://production-interface.dcds.fairfaxdigital.com.au/proofAsset.action?assetId=1201332&brandName=The%20Age
>
> What is a production interface? Anyway, it doesn't load. It may be
> the same as the 'frenemy' story in the Technology section, but who would know?

Link works fine for me just now.

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/biz-tech/how-google-became-the-indispensable-frenemy-20100308-pqyc.html

I don't think it's a matter of "clever". The link you cite looks like an editor's link in their content management system. Maybe the story was still marked as a draft for a while even after the home page promo was published.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia