[LINK] Building the Australian National Health Network

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Thu Mar 11 10:24:48 AEDT 2010

On 2010/Mar/11, at 9:15 AM, Roger Clarke wrote:
> The fiasco in the Dept of Environment demonstrated the total
> incapacity of federal bureaucrats to run anything more complicated
> than a turkey raffle.  And, even in matters of policy, they're so far
> removed from the real world, and so committed to simple-minded
> centralisation and top-down management, that little that they
> initiate bears fruit.

What I don't understand is that we have three levels of government
which control all these things.  From state governments which control
working conditions, right down to local governments which control
building approvals and building works.  I still don't understand why
with all these layers of government we blame it all on the top level.
Where were the other two levels?  Federal government is supposed to do
top level policy.  State and local are supposed to be there at the
implementation. What went wrong with them?

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant