[LINK] Australian Government Data Centre Strategy

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Mar 26 11:11:01 AEDT 2010

Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> HTML version here:
> <http://finance.gov.au/e-government/infrastructure/australian-government-data-centre-strategy.html>

The web version of the "Australian Government Data Centre Strategy"
looks good. It passes a W3C Validation test: <http://validator.w3.org/>.

But when I attempted a W3C Mobile Okay check, it returned a "502 Proxy
Error":
<http://validator.w3.org/mobile/check?docAddr=http%3A%2F%2Ffinance.gov.au%2Fe-government%2Finfrastructure%2Faustralian-government-data-centre-strategy.html&async=false>.

There were some minor problems with an automated accessibility test
(TAW) <http://www.tawdis.net/tawdis/online>, but overall this is an easy
to read web version of the report.

One minor change I would suggest is to move the "full publication" (ie
PDF) link, from the top, to the bottom, of the page. Most readers will
just want the summary, but will likely click on the PDF link before they
realise they just needed to scroll down the page a bit.

Also it would be useful if the web address of the web version of the
report (not the PDF version) was included in all versions of the report
and in announcements for it.

--
Tom Worthington FACS HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au