[LINK] Newspapers online

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Tue Mar 30 10:26:52 AEDT 2010

On 29/03/2010, at 9:48 PM, David Goldstein wrote:

> And he's not interested in people like you viewing his websites since you view only one page and then disappear. So media outlets, not just News, want more committed viewers.

There goes the future of the media, in a nutshell.

What media outlets want - and what they end up getting - will be interesting to watch. The term 'commitment' and 'internet' just don't sit well together.

If 'he' (and I assume we are talking about Mr Murdoch here) is seeking a demographic who sit on one website for their news content (or anything else), he's seeking a dying (and diminishing) segment of the population.

I also think that the definition of 'media outlet' will become more difficult to pin down in the brave new world  being discussed in this thread.

iT