[LINK] Panopticlick - uniquely identifying browsers, without cookies

Robin Whittle rw at firstpr.com.au
Wed May 19 14:50:51 AEST 2010

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for pointing to this:

  http://panopticlick.eff.org

Holy Cow-ola . . .

I did not know the browser reported the fonts I have on my computer.
 Because I have at least one font I purchased, this apparently means
that one in 953469 browsers report the same font set.  Likewise the
particular set of plug-in versions.  I guess this is the number of
browsers which have been tested, so mine is unique amongst those
tested in both font and plug-ins.

I think the font combinations alone would make it unique in the world.

  - Robin