[LINK] 'creepy' Google

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Tue May 25 20:26:45 AEST 2010

On Tue, 25 May 2010, Richard Chirgwin wrote:

> Swimming against the tide...
>
> Without reigniting the whole flamewar, Google was after all in the wrong.
>
> More importantly, a whole heap of people conflate "the filter" and
> "Senator Conroy". They attack Conroy when he says something not
> associated with the filter - regardless of whether he's right (partly,
> in this case; not the biggest privacy invasion, but a privacy invasion
> nonetheless, and personally I found Google "creepy" long before Conroy
> did), and regardless of whether their responses gain them anything in
> the filtering debate. It's bad tactics. If Conroy's off-topic (so to
> speak), then the best thing to do is ignore him.

Thanks for saying that.   I actually don't mind Conroy.  He is
across things far more than people think.  He's an intellectual and takes
interest in IT matters far more than any of his recent predecessors did,
although Kate Lundy would be a far better choice....
  I do not agree with his filter in principle and so take no interest in
it on any technical level, so I just ignore it!   I doubt the "The Filter",
no matter what govt is in power, will ever become more than vapor.   It gives
the hypochristians something to believe in, one might say....

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html