[LINK] Kindle survey: good for reading, bad for study

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Thu May 27 13:09:13 AEST 2010

At 10:44 AM 27/05/2010, Sylvano wrote:
>Isn't this just saying that the user interface for the traditional text
>book has the desired feature set implemented, whereas these other devices
>are yet to implement them - at all or properly?

Agreed. I downloaded the Kindle PC application. It's missing a search
feature. Textbooks have an index for a reason: paper format search
feature. An electronic medium needs at least that.

I'm surprised that ebook readers haven't at least included the basics
of the DAISY reader.

>It would certainly be a benefit for me to have the e-versions of books be
>as fully featured as paper based ones, because my screen is becoming a
>damn mess with all these sticky notes, liquid paper and yellow highlight
>smudges.

LOL

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia