[LINK] iPads

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Mon May 31 16:54:42 AEST 2010

At 04:14 PM 31/05/2010, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
>Question from the floor, without notice
>
>What are e-books and the iPad going to do to public and other libraries?

Personal opinion: nothing that bookstores don't already do. And
bookstores usually ask the question the other way round. I'll guess
that teh effect will be on brick and mortar bookstores more than on libraries.

BTW, I downloaded the Kindle PC app and about 130 public domain free
books. I now have a copy of several of the Wizard of Oz titles, some
history, psychology, lots of lit, classic Russian novels, Jules
Verne, etc. I won't have to buy another book in a long while.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/