[LINK] Senate committee probes AGD's data retention activities

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Mon Nov 1 18:39:22 AEDT 2010

On 01/11/2010, at 5:38 PM, Ben McGinnes wrote:
> I haven't seen anything yet on whether smaller networks
> (e.g. businesses who run their own email servers, etc.) will also have
> to provide metadata in the same way.

Well, the only public document is redacted to buggery, including the entire section talking about the data they're interested in, and a sequence of seven pages that was blacked out along with the table of contents entry explaining what it was.

SMH Article:
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/no-minister-90-of-web-snoop-document-censored-to-stop--premature-unnecessary-debate-20100722-10mxo.html

The document:
http://images.smh.com.au/file/2010/07/23/1710367/Secret-Document.PDF

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia