[LINK] Naked ADSL and dumping the voiceline

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Tue Nov 2 11:21:28 AEDT 2010

On 02/11/2010, at 10:45 AM, Kim Holburn wrote:
> Occasionally I have to deal with people who only have fax.  I don't have it.  Has anyone got fax over ip (FOIP) working?

Why not use a email-to-fax and fax-to-email gateway?

I use http://www.mbox.com.au/ who were recently became part of the eFax network, but there are plenty of options. mBox's rates are under $10 per month for an indial number that people can fax to and the first 130 inbound pages. Faxes arrive as a PDF or TIFF file attached to an email. Sending faxes costs money, based on destination and time. You just email the document as an attachment, and they email back a confirmation when it's sent.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia