[LINK] Naked ADSL and dumping the voiceline

rene rene.ln at libertus.net
Tue Nov 2 11:53:04 AEDT 2010

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 10:45:50 +1100, Kim Holburn wrote:

> On 2010/Nov/02, at 6:53 AM, Ivan Trundle wrote:
>>> -   can you keep any of the numbers associated with lines you
>>> dump?
>>>
>> See above. Fax numbers are generally not supported, however. You *
>> Can* send faxes, but only by some convoluted activity and little or
>> no tech support.
>>
> I was wondering about this.  Occasionally I have to deal with people
> who only have fax.  I don't have it.  Has anyone got fax over ip
> (FOIP) working?

I'm under the (strong) impression that in order to *possibly* get it
working one needs an ATA or VOIP capable router that specifially supports
T.38 fax relay, and also use a VOIP service provider that has voice
gateways that support T.38.

Internode mentions that here:
http://www.internode.on.net/support/faq/nodephone/troubleshooting_nodephone
/#Can_I_send_faxes_through_NodePho

If you search around Whirlpool, you'll find various people over the years
saying they've got fax over VOIP working, and others saying they've been
unsuccessful.

Irene