[LINK] Fibre and no copper?

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Nov 3 00:05:16 AEDT 2010

Richard kindly suggests ..

> Stephen .. you should be able to glean something from the NBN Co maps
> about whether you get fibre. RC

Thanks R, good suggestion .. and on checking alas NO fibre plan for here.

But NBN Co claim that "Next Generation Wireless" should be available here.

Then again, for a Telstra Next 3 *mobile* coverage, of the 3 speeds noted,
Telstra claims their slowest, up to 3 Mbps, is available now here in town.

(For eg, "1. Typical customer download speed 1.1 to 20 Mbps.  2. Typical
customer download speed 550 kbps to 8 Mbps. 3. Typical customer download
speed 550 kbps to 3 Mbps.") (And for our Vic country 'bread-basket" town)

Haha maybe in their dreams. And, maybe IF we can get a mobile signal when
we are standing on the front lawn. Unfortunately, for us, I'm not kidding.

So, who knows? No NBN fibre here, for sure. (Town population, around ~800)

And, i guess at minimum a USB wireless dongle, which don't work near here.

Certainly hope NBN use different measurement rubrics than Telstras Next G.

So, one doesn't wish to complain, but .. NBN Co fibre broadband? Looxury!

Please, *do not* take our copper lifelines, also .. as well as our water.

Cheers RC ..

Stephen