[LINK] ACTION Bus Timetables

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Wed Nov 3 21:05:58 AEDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 09:21:41AM +1100, Alex (Maxious) Sadleir wrote:
> The GTFS format has been adapted by the open source community to
> provide user-customisable timetables[7] and of course transit
> planners[8].
> [...]
>
> 8: http://opentripplanner.org/

interesting.

i wonder if anyone has written any "what-if?" tools to play with / tweak
this data - as in "what if this bus/tram/train arrived/left x mins
earlier/later? what would that do to my trip? how would it affect other
routes?" or "what if there was an extra tram/train/bus from here to
there along this route?"

i.e. open source (crowd-sourced?) timetable optimisation.  by the people
who actually USE (or want to use) the transport services.

Sturgeon's Law would apply of course, but there would be some useful
transport planning gems amongst all the crap.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>