[LINK] Greens seek release of secret NBN business plan

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Wed Nov 17 11:33:06 AEDT 2010

On 16/11/2010 11:36 AM, Kim Holburn wrote:
> http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/16/3067426.htm
>
>> Greens seek release of NBN business plan
>>
>> By Sabra Lane
>>
>> The Greens are trying to force the Federal Government to produce the business plan for its controversial National Broadband Network before Parliament rises for the year.
>> http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/news/audio/am/201011/20101116-AM1-nbnheatconroy.mp3
>> Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has been briefed on the plan and will release the 400-plus page report after Cabinet has considered it and after information deemed commercial in confidence has been removed.
Where taxpayers' money is involved, I find the morality of "commercial
in confidence" questionable. I support the NBN, but demand access to
_all_ relevant information.

--
David Boxall                    |  My figures are just as good
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  I make them up myself, and they