[LINK] NBN Summary of Business Case was Re: NBN Co to build wireless network from late 2011

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Thu Nov 25 10:32:22 AEDT 2010

On 25/11/2010, at 10:27 AM, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> Stilgherrian wrote:
>> On 25/11/2010, at 10:04 AM, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>>> I was amazed that the NBNCo wants to put up a satellite.
>> Well, satellite internet requires *someone's* satellite. Commissioning your own means you can target the antennas exactly where you need them. Hiring space on a shared satellite means compromises.
>
> I'd like to see the business case for putting up a satellite vs running optic fibre to 3% of the population (map page 10).

If you dig out the NBN Implementation Study, easily findable, that's all page 15 onwards. There are charts that show how capex costs relate to the number of people served and the population density.

[I'm currently in a conference and can't go digging.]

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia