[LINK] ICT's Role in the Low Carbon Economy

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Fri Oct 1 01:10:27 AEST 2010

  <brd>
The whole of government data centre strategy, the development of which I
was part of the team, gets a mention, although they do have some
concerns about omissions from the strategy. Of course, not being an
authorised public service, I can't comment.

Tom W's work doesn't get a mention. Maybe he needs to promote it a bit
harder.
</brd>

ICT's Role in the Low Carbon Economy
http://www.aiia.com.au/pages/lowcarboneconomy.aspx
AIIA White Paper, September 2010
Snapshot

AIIA has prepared a white paper that seeks to reinforce the message that
ICT is powerful enabler of economic growth and that ICT innovations will
deliver significant CO2 reductions for Australia. Our report builds on a
number of significant  other papers that have looked at the net benefits
of using ICT to enable a low-carbon economy.

This report examines other industry sectors and key infrastructure
projects proposed or currently being implemented by the Federal
Government / State Governments, aligning IT capabilities to industry
challenges, and in doing so details economic, environmental and social
benefits that are backed up by these reputable reports and their
reference material.

--

Regards
brd