[LINK] grog gamut

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Tue Oct 5 15:12:06 AEDT 2010

At 14:59 +1100 5/10/10, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
>However, Roger, that leaves us not much advanced. I'm grappling with
>whether News actually did something "wrong", as distinct from something
>we find distasteful or mean-spirited.

There's a quite tenable argument, based on any and all of the
documents quoted earlier, that News did wrong.

They may not have breached any laws.

But the protections for human rights of these kinds are so utterly
deficient that it would be a very bad mistake to equate 'wrong' with
'illegal'.

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916