[LINK] 10 Rules for Radicals: Lessons from rogue archivist Carl Malamud

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Wed Sep 1 08:29:40 AEST 2010

Kim Holburn wrote:
> http://www.boingboing.net/2010/08/29/10-rules-for-radical.html
>
>>  Rogue archivist Carl Malamud's 10 Rules for Radicals <http://public.resource.org/rules/
>
> Some interesting history of the internet?

Carl Malamud, has been mentioned a few times on Link:

* By Tony Barry in 1998: "INVISIBLE WORLDS WANTS TO MAP THE INTERNET"
<http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/link/1998-October/035402.html>.

* In 1998 I recommended "Exploring the Internet - A Technical
Travelogue", by Carl Malamud, 1992, Electronic edition published by Thin
Battle Lines, Inc.: <http://invisible.net/eti/>.

Carl Malamud featured Australian cities and a few Linkers, in this
travel book about the development of the Internet:

Melbourne:      http://invisible.net/eti/RoundTwo08.html
Sydney:         http://invisible.net/eti/RoundTwo09.html
Canberra:       http://invisible.net/eti/RoundTwo10.html
Adelaide:       http://invisible.net/eti/RoundTwo11.html

The book was one of the sources of inspiration for my series of "Net
Traveller" reports, over the last sixteen years:
<http://www.tomw.net.au/travel/tourist.htm>.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au