[LINK] The politics of broadband

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Wed Sep 8 14:35:57 AEST 2010

  On 8/09/2010 1:43 PM, David Boxall wrote:
> I've read of a phenomenon - mentioned here, as well, IIRC - that the
> less people know, the more certain they tend to be in their opinions.

To save you looking it up...

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/scienceshow/stories/2010/2893602.htm#transcript
The Dunning-Kruger Effect
<quote>
The dumb get confident, while the intelligent get doubtful. That's the
conclusion that David Dunning and Justin Kruger came to when studying
people's perceptions of their own talents. What has now become known as
the Dunning-Kruger effect helps describe why lay people often act as
experts and inept pollies get our votes.
</quote>

--

Regards
brd