[LINK] Abbott orders Turnbull to demolish NBN

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Tue Sep 14 20:24:27 AEST 2010

Why is it I wonder that Abbot hates the NBN so much?  Just because it
was Labour's idea?  Because people in the country like it?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/14/3011557.htm
> Tony Abbott has ordered Malcolm Turnbull to "demolish" the
> Government's National Broadband Network (NBN) as he today brought
> him back to the Coalition frontbench to head up its communications
> portfolio.
>
> Mr Turnbull makes his high-profile return to the shadow ministry
> nine months after he was dumped as Liberal leader and replaced by Mr
> Abbott.
>
> Declaring the NBN would be the "absolute focus" of the political
> battle of the next 18 months, Mr Abbott said he could think of no
> better person to "ferociously" hold the Government to account on the
> issue.
>
> "The Government is going to invest $43 billion worth of hard-earned
> money in what I believe is going to turn out to be a white elephant
> on a massive scale," Mr Abbott said.

As opposed to giving 16 Billion to private companies and getting
nothing in return?

> Mr Turnbull replaces Tony Smith as communications spokesman and will
> bring his experience as the former chair of internet service
> provider OzEmail to the job as he argues against the NBN.

At least he may have a meagre understanding of the issues. Sigh.

Let's hope Turnbull brings out his big guns to bear on the filter
rather than shooting himself in the feet over the NBN.

Kim

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant