[LINK] Context aware computers

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Sep 17 01:50:36 AEST 2010

www.appleinsider.com

Apple on Wednesday released the first external betas of iOS 4.2 which
will debut AirPrint wireless printing via a shared printer for iOS
devices, (eg iPhone, iPod & iPad)  while also delivering long-awaited
features for the iPad, including multi-tasking, folders & threaded mail.

(and)

How Context-Aware Computing Will Make Gadgets Smarter

By Priya Ganapati at Wired.com  Wed Sep 15, 2010
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS9232748420100915

Small always-on handheld devices equipped with low-power sensors could
signal a new class of "context-aware" gadgets that are more like personal
companions.

Such devices would anticipate your moods, be aware of your feelings and
make suggestions based on them, says Intel.

"Context-aware computing is poised to change how we interact with our
devices," Justin Rattner, CTO of Intel told attendees at the company’s
developer conference. "Future devices will learn about you, your day,
where you are, where you are going, to know what you want," he added.

--

Cheers,
Stephen