[LINK] Benefits of a digital economy enabled by the National

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Wed Sep 22 16:41:56 AEST 2010

On 2010/Sep/22, at 4:19 PM, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> Education seems to be the most compelling argument for
> ubiquitous high speed access to the Internet and I would
> suggest such access for every government school/tafe/library
> building in the country should be a priority. These
> facilities should then be available for University study as
> well. The articulation beyond that can be done once this has
> been achieved.

Can't argue with that except to say that country universities,
schools, libraries, hospitals should get first dibs.

Looks like the US is looking at something similar:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/09/fcc-to-fast-track-fiber-to-schools-and-libraries.ars?

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant