[LINK] 'Cloud Computing doesn't fly'

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Tue Sep 28 12:02:39 AEST 2010

On 28/09/2010, at 11:57 AM, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> Is there any evidence that old computers become unreliable
> due to hardware failures?

While I'm well aware that the plural of "anecdote" is not "data", certainly my experience is that things like capacitors on motherboards eventually go pffft, to use the technical term. Less so with servers, but with desktops and laptops the flexing as they warm and cool at startup and shutdown does eventually cause cracks in circuit board traces and solder joints.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia