[LINK] copyright question

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Mon Apr 4 12:24:16 AEST 2011

Yep --- They even licenced it....

Quote/ [From: http://www.wsws.org/articles/2001/jun2001/ibm-j27.shtml]
In 1922, with hyperinflation in Germany leading to the collapse of the
currency, Watson took over Dehomag (Deutsche Hollerith Maschinen
Gesellschaft) that had used the punch card technology under licence.
This German subsidiary would later play a crucial role in IBM's business
alliance with the Third Reich. By 1933, when Hitler came to power,
Watson had transformed the formerly ailing German company into IBM's
flag ship-producing more than three times above its quota.