[LINK] transmission losses (was Re: Past the Black Stump - Was Hot Rocks

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Tue Apr 5 06:19:15 AEST 2011

On 2011/Apr/04, at 11:10 PM, Andy Farkas wrote:

>> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Electric_power_transmission
>
> Why oh why is this https?!!??!!!!

I have a firefox extension I run for testing purposes called "HTTPS-Everywhere".  I sometimes forget to un'S' the URLs.

> It is beyond belief that an information site wants to be non-cache-able.
>
> Why does it need to be encrypted? Will the terrorists find out about,
> *gasp*, electricity???

There's all sorts of dangerous information on teh intertubes.  Why you can look up the formula for ... (glances over shoulder) gunpowder....

> Incomprehensible.

Australians - so trusting.

--
Kim Holburn