[LINK] NBN construction boss quits [was Australia's NBN (video)

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Tue Apr 5 18:47:01 AEST 2011

At 04:48 PM 5/04/2011, George Bray wrote:
>This animated video from Alcatel-Lucent explains the benefits of the
>NBN quite well.

Just in this afternoon:

"NBN's construction boss quits
April 5, 2011 - 3:53PM

Patrick Flannigan has quit as NBN Co's head of construction, the
national broadband network developer has confirmed.

Dan Fleming, who was the company's general manager of construction,
design and planning, has been appointed acting head of construction,
a spokeswoman said.

''We are disappointed with (Patrick Flannigan's) decision to resign
as he was a valuable member of the leadership team,'' the spokeswoman
said.''We wish him all the best for the future.''
Advertisement: Story continues below

According to the NBN Co website, Mr Flannigan was the founding
managing director and chief executive of Service Stream Ltd, a major
provider of infrastructure, construction and maintenance services to
the telecommunications sector and broader utilities sectors.

He also founded and was non-executive chairman of Australasian
Maintenance Services Company and has held general manager and senior
management positions in publicly listed contract labour company
Skilled Group Ltd."

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/nbns-construction-boss-quits-20110405-1d2c2.html

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com