[LINK] Four Corners NBN

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Wed Apr 13 08:54:36 AEST 2011

On 12/04/2011 9:32 AM, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> PS for the record, I think underground fibre optic cable (or
> fibre optic cable - of whatever hue) to every home is wacko.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. I reckon anything less
than underground fibre, wherever there's currently underground copper,
is a waste of money. It's typical of today's short-term political
thinking: don't do anything that won't deliver results before the next
election.

> Even Energy Australia, who are currently digging up our
> streets (not footpaths) to lay conduits, run aerial cables
> to homes. I doubt there is any plan to put the cables to the home
> underground as they recently upgraded them to Aluminium "to make them
> more robust" against the trees.
The PMG abandoned overhead cabling for good reasons.

--
David Boxall                         | ignorance more frequently
http://david.boxall.id.au            | knowledge