[LINK] I am from the Windows Department and we want to solveserious problems with your computer etc

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Fri Apr 15 17:39:26 AEST 2011

<SNIP>

> I presume this scam must be pretty successful as I keep
> getting calls.

Australia's keen adoption of ecommerce has a lot too do with why we are
such a great target...

Unfortunately our click to purchase conversion rate is the highest in
the world.
It's why companies like Google are researching Australian Internet
access and shopping habits.

I could save them some trouble I guess...

Google guys, it's the brilliant Government leadership that we have had
through this GFC... The secret formula is relatively easy...

1.    Export all the raw materials, so;
2.    Nothing can be made locally, and;
3.    Play lots of sports on TV so the unemployed don't notice that they
are bored.

I guess if we shut down eBay overnight, the factories might start
churning out Aussie made goods again although mayhap, tariffing overseas
goods via eBay and discounting the taxation on Australian made goods
would work wonders...

OK, how about Zero GST on Aussie made and 20% GST on all Foreign made.
As the foreign made to local made ratio favours the 20% GST model, this
innovation will actually help to balance the books (by increasing
revenue to Government), increase the competitiveness of Aussie made and
make Australians all aware of the process of creating local jobs.

>From such awareness are macro-economic miracles possible.

How could we get Government to consider such a revolutionary idea ?

/body