[LINK] RFI: Has Anyone Looked at Zimbra?

Darrell Burkey darrell.burkey at anu.edu.au
Thu Apr 21 09:57:08 AEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-20 at 16:28, Roger Clarke wrote:
> I'm mainly talking about the Zimbra Desktop ("the next-generation
> email and collaboration client"):
> http://www.zimbra.com/products/desktop.html
>
> But experience with the other elements would be interesting too.

Computing Assistance Support & Education (CASE http://www.case.org.au)
has been using Zimbra Workgroup Collaboration software for about two
years now as an alternative to Exchange (both the free and paid
versions).

VMWare bought it from Yahoo not long ago and we have had very good
experiences with it. We have member organisations using both the
web/destktop interface and using the Outlook connector to continue using
their beloved Outlook client software.

It's rock solid and very functional. Easy to maintain. I think a lot of
Universities in the US are using it campus wide.

It's my main communication/workgroup tool and I love it. There are full
demos and test accounts available on their website as well as some very
useful videos about the product. All in all, it suits the non-profit
sector very well. We even tried to talk Yahoo in to letting us be an
official host/dealer for it when they owned it.

http://zimbra.com

Cheers.

Darrell Burkey
UNIX Systems Administrator