[LINK] Business fetishism (was Re: LINK] Four Corners NBN)

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Apr 25 19:32:33 AEST 2011

Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
> Isn't that the exact opposite of the OSI vs TCP/IP argument way back
> when Link was first starting. ...

Some planning would seem prudent when spending several thousand billion
dollars (being the cost of the installation of the NBN, plus education
and health systems over those years).

> If I remember correctly you supported the TCP/IP Nike approach of "just
> do it" back then. What's changed your mind? ...

Over the last 15 years my views may have changed, in the light of
experience.

ps: I can't find anywhere I actually said "Just do it". Perhaps you are
thinking of Karl Auer:
<http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/link/2005-July/062872.html>?

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au