[LINK] apple phone data collection - just a bug

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Thu Apr 28 18:23:02 AEST 2011

PR's answer: release the white iPhone, right now.

Google News -  White iPhone - 2,267 stories plus.

It's hard to get a metric on how many "Apple Tracking" stories there are
now accepting the "bug" line - there's a couple of thousand iPhone
tracking stories but they go back much further than today's white iPhone
story.

So the bottom line, from the festering pile of dung that is "Apple
Journalism", is that a new phone colour is more important than (a)
whether the tracking was a feature or a bug, and (b) whether there's any
reason to trust the "it was a bug" statement.

(shakes head sadly)

RC