[LINK] Joint Select Committee on Cyber-Safety hearing videos

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Mon Aug 1 15:54:13 AEST 2011

Hello,
	The Joint Select Committee on Cyber-Safety held a hearing on
the Cybercrime Legislation Amendment Bill 2011 today.  The committee
heard from the Law Council of Australia, the Australian Privacy
Foundation (APF), the Cyber Law and Policy Centre (CLPC) via
teleconference, Telstra, the Attorney-General's Department, the
Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) and the
Australian Federal Police (AFP).

I live tweeted it and also captured most of it (everything after the
suspension between the Law Council and the APF) in a video stream.
The video was captured using VLC (AVI containing H.264 video and MP3
audio), I'm not sure how well it will play in media players other than
VLC, but it definitely works in VLC.

First video - APF, CLPC and Telstra (200Mb)
http://www.mediafire.com/?xihd0rgqpdqdbcs

Second video - AG's department, ASIO and AFP (120Mb)
http://www.mediafire.com/?908agl27ijibm60

The first video starts proceedings a little under five minutes in, the
second video starts around two minutes in.  Apologies about not
capturing the Law Council's testimony, I was testing the streaming
function in the ten minute recess between the end of their testimony
and the APF's.

Regards,
Ben

--
Ben McGinnes  http://www.adversary.org/  Twitter: benmcginnes
    Systems Administrator, Writer, ICT Consultant