[LINK] Census Publicity - complete the ecensus in transit?

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Fri Aug 12 08:54:07 AEST 2011

On a Sydney bus yesterday, I noticed the 88% of jobs are outside the CBD so
we need a good bus [not transport] network - so, do the census. And it gave
the ecensus url.

Trying to find a link, all I came across was a media release from the NSW
Transport about a census campaign.

>                 When you travel you're more than just a number
> The Department of Transport has launched a Census awareness campaign with the
> Australian Bureau of Statistics to promote the benefits of Census data to transport.
> The campaign starts on 18 July, in advance of the National Census which takes place
> on 9 August.
> A Department of Transport spokesman said the department recognises how important it
> is for Australian Bureau of Statistics Census data to be accurate.
> "This data is an important source of information about people, employment, households
> and communities and is a powerful tool in planning for transport across NSW.
> "Using past and present Census data, projections can be made to better understand
> which transport initiatives need to be planned to meet future transport needs.
> "These figures mean the best transport options can be developed in the right place and
> at the right time.
> "Sydney is a city on the move with public transport operators in NSW moving over two
> million passengers each week day.
> "The population is growing so it's important to provide efficient public transport services
> that link existing and developing residential centres," the spokesman said.
> A spokesman for the Australian Bureau of Statistics, said the aim of the partnership is to
> highlight the importance of the Census in planning infrastructure and services that
> people use everyday.
> "An accurate Census count helps light the way forward for transport planning in NSW."
> A high visibility advertising campaign is planned with billboards located across seven
> train stations including North Sydney, Redfern, St. James, Wynyard, Martin Place and
> Town Hall, Central.
> Additionally, there will be signs on 800 bus interiors across NSW.
> "Our advertising is designed to target members of the public at the perfect time, when
> they are catching public transport and we are confident our advertising will deliver the
> message.
> "The Department of Transport is committed to the delivery of best practice in transport
> solutions to meet the needs of the community," the DoT spokesman said.
> Department of Transport Public Information Unit (02) 8202 3760
<http://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/files/releases/110704_media_release_bene2.pdf>

Also, found that the ecensus is being advertised through google and I guess
other search engines.

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz