[LINK] NextG Wireless Stays Up As NBN Fibre Broadband Crashes

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sat Feb 5 10:30:21 AEDT 2011

Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> ... ABC ...  crosses to Townsville ...  as "via broadband"... there was a window
> with tape on it and trees blowing in the background ...

I sent the ABC a message suggesting they point the camera away from the
window:

---
Have static background for better image on broadband from Cairns

There was a report from the ABC at the emergency evacuation centre
located in the Earlville Shopping Centre in Cairns, "via broadband" on
ABC 24. The reporter was standing in front of a window. When the trees
outside waved in the wind, the picture broke up. I suggest pointing the
camera away from the window. Otherwise the compression algorithm will
waste bandwidth encoding the moving trees, instead of the reporter's
face. ...
---

As it can be difficult to know who to contact, I also blogged the
suggestion:
<http://blog.tomw.net.au/2011/02/have-static-background-for-better-image.html>.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au