[LINK] Initiative expands wireless coverage to 98% of Americans, reduces deficit by nearly $10 billion, invests in nationwide public safety network

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Sun Feb 13 09:04:07 AEDT 2011

On 12/02/2011 4:13 PM, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> On 12/02/11 3:12 PM, David Boxall wrote:
>> I reckon 'net access would be a better use of the spectrum than reruns
>> of /The Dukes of Hazzard/.
>>
> It would, except that the spectrum auction model seems to me likely to
> deliver services at a price higher than on fixed BB.
Doesn't that show that there are higher-value uses for spectrum than
broadcasting TV?
> ... right now, a / the majority of people still watch TV.
What proportion watch broadcast TV on the move (or any other way that
precludes plugging a cable into a socket)?

--
David Boxall                    |  When a distinguished but elderly
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  possible, he is almost certainly
                                |  right. When he states that
                                |  something is impossible, he is
                                |  very probably wrong.