[LINK] Maintaining the link list

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 15:49:39 AEDT 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM, Greg Taylor <gtefa at internode.on.net> wrote:
> No, it's not one post at a time. It's one topic at a time. And the
> threads are much easier to visualise than in an email client.

Not if you use GMail. I see discussions threaded here.

Forums suck.Most of my on-line activity happens in the GMail web
browser tab. I can read Link and then go on replying to e-mail and
starting new discussion topics from a single screen.

One example: Sun Micro decided to kill the virtualbox-users maling
list and the revolt from sysadmins was so huge that we ended up
creating a community mailing list (outside Sun´s servers) and it´s
still the preferred method of communication instead of forums.

"if it ain´t broke, don´t fix it"

Just my $0.02

FC