[LINK] Maintaining the link list - as a mailing list

Ash Nallawalla ash at melbpc.org.au
Sat Feb 19 20:57:55 AEDT 2011

> From: Robin Whittle

> Short version:  Why I support the Link list remaining as a mailing list

Given the small amount of daily traffic and the demographics of this list, I
can't see it surviving in any other form. I have seen other active lists
switch to a forum and many participants didn't, leading to the eventual
death of the community.

Most of us will know of some great forums that are thriving in spite of us.
They get tens of thousands of visits each day and couldn't possibly work as
mailing lists. Courses for horses.

Ash