[LINK] Maintaining the link list - as a mailing list

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sun Feb 20 09:26:26 AEDT 2011

At 09:17 AM 20/02/2011, Paul Bolger wrote:
>That's were rss comes into its own imo. If a forum supports it you can have
>one click access to the most recent twenty posts.

I tried rss for a while. Gave up. It was still a 'pull' process and I
had to remember to do it, which I didn't. It also was a slow and
interruptive process in my browser. Maybe I just didn't have it set
properly. I've tried separate rss readers, but they too were 'out of
sight, out of mind'. I use email as a standard every day tool, so
having discussions come in there meant it was there with all my other
dynamic interactions. I do go to published websites, but I don't
'talk back' to them. Email enables me to keep a copy of sent
materials as well as received much easier in a plain text form.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/