[LINK] Firesheep

Paul Brooks pbrooks-link at layer10.com.au
Mon Feb 21 14:27:47 AEDT 2011

On 21/02/2011 12:21 PM, Scott Howard wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Paul Brooks <pbrooks-link at layer10.com.au
> <mailto:pbrooks-link at layer10.com.au>> wrote:
>

>     IPv6 requires all endpoints to implement IPSEC, where for IPv4 IPSEC support is
>     optional.
>

> Out of interest, are you aware of any platforms that support IPSec-over-IPv6 that
> don't support IPSec-over-IPv4 ?  I can't think of any of the top of my head,
> although it's not exactly a subject I've investigated.

No, but I can imagine there are currently IPv4-only platforms that probably don't
support IPSEC, and when they are upgraded or superseded to IPv6-enabled platforms they
or their successors will then be capable of IPSEC, probably over IPv4 as well since
the code will already be there.

lots of probables and imagines, because I haven't done extensive testing either

P.