[LINK] NBN April, and 75%

Paul Brooks pbrooks-link at layer10.com.au
Wed Feb 23 21:49:34 AEDT 2011

On 23/02/2011 9:24 PM, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:

>> percent of homes in the notified area that had 'opted in' to have the NBN fibre and an
>> NBN optical node installed at their house when the installation crews are stringing
>> along their street.
> So, on the mainland, of those areas that opted in to have NBN, 75% of
> the premises consented to connect it. And in Brunswick, 50%.
>
> Have I got this right?
>
> I wonder what the proportion of all premises is.

Not quite - NBNCo chose the areas and boundaries for their first-release sites, nobody
opted-in for the aggregate area.

I believe NBNCo did a letter-box drop to all the houses in the area - the letter and
form are on the NBNCo website.
I would expect 100% every house received the letter asking if they wanted NBNCo to
connect their house when the fibre guys are cabling the street - so these percentages
are the proportion of all premises in the relevent area that ticked the 'yes' box and
returned the form. The remainder could be people that deliberately ticked 'no', or
people that couldn't care or be bothered to return the form at all.

Paul.