[LINK] An Open Government Implementation Model

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Feb 23 22:03:39 AEDT 2011

An open government implementation model: moving to increased public
engagement.

21st February 2011   http://www.businessofgovernment.org

This report presents an Open Government Implementation Model (OGIM) for
guiding government agencies towards open government.

Our model defines four implementation stages and describes the focuses,
deliverables, benefits, challenges, best practices, and metrics for stages

A key tenet of the Implementation Model is that government agencies
should advance their open government initiatives incrementally, focusing
on one implementation stage at a time.

Starting from increasing data transparency (Stage One), the process moves
on to improving open participation (Stage Two), enhancing open
collaboration (Stage Three), and realizing ubiquitous engagement (Stage
Four).

We argue that by following this sequence, agencies can minimize risk and
effectively harness the power of social media in order to engage the
public.

<http://www.businessofgovernment.org/sites/default/files/An%20Open%
20Government%20Implementation%20Model.pdf>
--

Cheers,
Stephen