[LINK] Proof that Cloud Computing is dead

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Thu Jan 13 16:38:40 AEDT 2011

On 13/01/2011, at 1:34 PM, Rick Welykochy wrote:
> Tom Koltai wrote:
>
>> I don't see people trading their
>> privacy for a cloud DVR.
>> [snip]
>
> Neither do I.

Orly?

Half a billion people have already traded their privacy for cloud storage of a few party photos and a chance to play with a virtual farm.

If they've already given away that privacy in the context of their entire personal and social life, I don't see why they wouldn't give it up to watch last week's episode of "Sea Patrol".

Linkers, as it seems I must repeat every now and then, are FAR from representative of normal humans.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia