[LINK] Which Amazon kindle books can be used with an Australian Kindle

Robin Whittle rw at firstpr.com.au
Thu Jan 20 12:47:18 AEDT 2011

Before buying a Kindle, I would like to know the current arrangements
for Amazon.com - which of their books are capable of being used by
Australian Kindle users.  I guess if I had a Kindle account, this
would be apparent if I looked at one of their pages, or if I tried to
buy it.

Can anyone point to up-to-date discussions or official information?

I understand the Kindle receives its data via a 3G (GSM backup?)
wireless network, so Amazon knows for sure where the device is at all
times.  To what extent is it possible to use gift cards which are sold
for US customers, as Michael Skeggs suggested?

eBay lists 97 right now:

  http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=amazon+gift+card

  - Robin