[LINK] Australians breaking the rules to get cheaper iTunes

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jan 20 13:03:26 AEDT 2011

On 20/01/11 11:33 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> At 11:10 AM 20/01/2011, Ivan Trundle wrote:
>> There's always Amazon...
> I also found issues with Amazon in some respects. I haven't bought
> music from them, but I get ebooks from time to time. I put my
> sister's address and that seems to work. I can't get the interactive
> Kindle things for my Kindle on PC (yet), even though free.
>
> I think music may fit within the geoloc stuff re rights.
(I am on a mobile BB connection ATM and don't feel like downloading the
podcast. Wish there was a transcript!)

The parallel importation of music has been legal for ages - the Howard
government changed the legislation.

There's no law here that says "thou shalt only buy at the price set for
Australian consumers by the American company". It's just an Apple T&C
thing as far as I know (happy to be corrected).

RC