[LINK] zoomable satellite map of Brisbane floods

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Thu Jan 20 13:24:58 AEDT 2011

Ivan responds to Jan ..

> On 20/01/2011, at 11:45 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if UQ sustained much damage on campus?
>
> QUT certainly did. I had dinner with one of their senior administrators
> last night.

Yes, also the Queensland University of Technology hosts the 'Oz-Teachers'
mailing list, which is the Australian school teacher's equilivant of Link.

This Oz-Teachers list has been down for most of last week and is still in
some difficulties with their re-configuration of settings. This is a real
pity because it is, by far, the main Australian teachers online community.

Like Link, the Oz-teachers mailing list began very early around 1994, and
has been and increasingly is, an outstanding resource for school teachers.

Also perhaps of interest to Link from this year the Oz-teachers mail list
will partner with the Australian Council of Computers in Education, which
is the peak national professional body, in Aussie, for the utilization of
ICT in schools. It is the 'national umbrella' for each state association.

 <http://www.acce.edu.au>

Anyway if Linkers want to know what's going on with computers and the net
in Australian schools (Primary and Secondary) consider joining Ozteachers
or at least checking out the public archives, at the URL address as above.

Cheers,
Stephen

Ps Agree with Marg, a 3 person Panel including ANU, perhaps with a Ex-Off
to do the actual mailing list work and the Link Panel to oversight things.