[LINK] do not track add-ons

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Wed Jan 26 12:22:58 AEDT 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 09:25:45AM +1100, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> [I have tools installed to do this now, but I guess the browser
> makers version may be more stable]
>
> "Firefox, Google Chrome adding 'Do Not Track' tools
> January 25, 2011 - 8:43AM

who needs regulation and laws when you can have voluntary codes?

governments should just get out of the way and let the free market solve
problems. this experiment will show just how succesful such an approach
can be.

I really hope that governments pay heed to this experiment's inevitable
success, so that we can see de-regulation and voluntary adherence to
ethical codes in other matters of personal choice.  I look forward to
walking around with signs like "do not assault me", "do not steal from
me", "do not murder me", and many other consumer preference indicators
attached to my person.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>