[LINK] Graduated Piracy Response Coming To Australia, Or Else

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Jul 13 16:47:36 AEST 2011

At 12:08 PM 13/07/2011, Paul Brooks you wrote:

>give officers and authorities of the Commonwealth and of the States
>and Territories such help as is reasonably necessary for the
>following purposes:
>
>                      (c)  enforcing the criminal law and laws
> imposing pecuniary penalties;
>
>                      (d)  protecting the public revenue;
>
>                      (e)  safeguarding national security.

Note: officers and authorities of the Commonwealth and States and
Territories, NOT private companies. And nothing to do with privacy
has to do with : - criminal law
: - public revenue
: - national security.

I doubt very much when the Telecom law was written that the intent
had anything to do with copyright protection of private interests.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/