[LINK] Graduated Piracy Response Coming To Australia, Or Else

Paul Brooks pbrooks at layer10.com.au
Wed Jul 13 22:41:08 AEST 2011

> Interjecting ...
>
> 1. Nothing in there says it is the ISP's obligation to protect personal property rights or the (often disputed) copyright of copyright holders.
[rest deleted]

Whoah Frank, get off your high horse - I know about AFACT'S allegations, iiNet's
defence, and the various arguments back and forth including the various judgements.
I was not defending AFACTs position, or their arguments.

I was simply responding to Jan's:

> But it is NOT the "obligation" of an ISP or a phone company or any other
> common carrier to police what their customers do on the network. Correct?
>
> Jan
to point out that there *are* obligations on an ISP to 'police' some forms of activity.

I didn't make any comment about whether copyright infringement, real or alleged, might fall into this bucket.

Its simply a fact - Don't shoot the messenger.

Paul