[LINK] Murdock and the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Fri Jul 15 09:42:00 AEST 2011

At 09:30 AM 15/07/2011, Kim Holburn wrote:
>http://www.slate.com/id/2299038/

The scary part is that if he loses his UK and US holdings, he'll only
have Australia left and we'll be stuck with him and his approach to
"journalism" (sic). Then again, he could sell up and pay for the NBN
with the results. j

I find it interesting that the interplay of international
communications and global corporations is now coming back to bite.
Groups like this have had it too good for too long, picking and
choosing which laws they obey and which they don't. That the US has
the foreign coverage for US based companies is good in some
circumstances, and this is one of those.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/