[LINK] US & fluorescent light bulbs

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Mon Jul 18 08:13:20 AEST 2011

At 03:11 AM 18/07/2011, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:

>For House Republicans, conservative values and policies, no matter how
>regressive and short-sighted, are superior to the national interest and
>progress.

Gee, is it something about conservative and opposition parties? Let's
wreck things so we'll get in power! Yay!

And the frightening thing here is the polls are showing the
Australian public is just as gullible. Anyone got a desert island
where I can set up my own country? Must be at least 100 feet above
sea level, good climate for growing fruit and veg and chickens. Some
linkers will be invited along.

Back to the light bulbs.... I got a writing newsletter that had a
column about how awful this change to fluoros would be because the
flicker will cause seizures and weren't as bright. I wrote back to
the editor assuring her they were quite fine and she should try them
before making a judgment. The only thing I've found is that they are
bluer and cooler, which means in winter I don't get the 'heat lamp'
effect when I'm reading.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com